Thursday, January 5, 2017

PCOS to Foster Care


For some time now, years actually, I've had the desire to adopt (possible even before Maddie was born). It never seemed to be something we could do, it was always just beyond what I thought we could achieve. 

Somehow the notion (is that the word?!) of Foster Care came up in my heart. I ignored it, or tried. I remember having a discussion with my best friend November of 2015 and it just didn't seem right for us then.

Fast forward to late September- October of 2016. We were volunteering for our church "play." One of the other volunteers happened to show up with her foster child. (She was at the church's play the year before with foster children - when I was ignoring the feeling) Hours before this play practice/scene setup I had asked for prayers from a Facebook group I'm in (I was having a tough time and didn't know what to do. Prayers always help.)... Anyway, when I saw her with that baby... Idk, it was like a sign. A giant neon sign, saying "Misty, THIS is what you're supposed to do." Call me crazy. Tell me you don't believe. I do. 

She gave me info on whom and where to call. Within a couple weeks I had gotten a call back saying the first training night was the next evening! I'm telling you, a sign. It's like it all lined up perfectly.

We took 9 weeks of training. In mid-late December our classes were over; all our paperwork was in and home changes done, and we were licensed. We were put on "the list" the Friday before Christmas. It seemed like we would get a call any minute after. All weekend I remember being antsy for "the call"... it didn't come. If you're a foster parent you know that feeling.

Just last night my husband and I were talking about how long it seemed to have been since our classes ended, and still no call. We were a little confused. I remember thinking are we even on "the list" and maybe even looking back through email to check. We were.




No comments:

Post a Comment