Thursday, December 12, 2013

The BIG news (From 2005)

I couldn't wait. I had to share the news. I had taken 3 tests, not fancy tests btw, the cheapy-looking doctor's office tests. It was Christmas morning and I wanted to make a big deal of my big news. I quickly wrapped 2 of those tests in raisin boxes -of all things- filled with tissue paper, it fit perfectly.

We "got ready" for our Christmas day and handing out our "presents". We decided to stop by my in-law's house first. We handed his mom this tiny little wrapped box and said here is a present for all of you (six people & our little niece)! His mom was confused, "This is for ALL of us?" She has a look like how could anything in this tiny box be for all of us.... She slowly opened the box. I don't remember much after that, except a lot loud "oh my gosh" hugs, tear, and laughter.

On to tell my Dad....butterflies in my stomach..... If you know my Dad, you know he's not a jolly guy, kinda gruff and not at all emotional or "lovey dovey". My sister handed out all of the wrapped gifts from under the tree, taking the tiny package, without a label, over to my Dad. He said, "Who's this for?" We were all saying it's for you just open it first! "Well how do you know it's for me? It doesn't even have a name tag! Who's it from?" We told him who it was from and we all said, "Just open it!!" To which my Mom interrupted, without any negative comments. He slowly started opening the tiny package.... finally finding the small stick inside, looking a little more than confused. I remember my Mom asking, "Well, what did you get? What is it?" "It's positive," said my Dad. "What's positive? What is it?" asked my Mom. "It's a test... A pregnancy test, and it's positive! She's pregnant!" excitedly shouted my Dad.

I can't remember much after that, just excitement and joy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment