Thursday, March 31, 2011

In the beginning...

I remember being a young girl, playing dolls with my best friend & my sister. I was ALWAYS a mom of at least 2 babies... Usually a young mom, around 19. For some reason I thought that was the "coolest" age and apparently old enough to be a mom. haha I have no clue why or where I got that idea.... The point is I was ALWAYS a mom.
My answer to the famous "What do you want to be when you grow up" changed many times. I remember wanting to be a pharmacist, a Pediatrician, a teacher, even an ultrasound tech, but most of all I wanted to be "MOM".
 A Mother, mommy of babies; the concept seems simple enough. I am a woman, it shouldn't have been a problem. That is ALL I've ever KNOWN I wanted to be, the unchanging piece of my life's puzzle... The ONE thing that was always in my grown up plans. My plan included growing up, going to college, getting my degree, THEN falling in love, getting married, and have 2 MAYBE 3 kids, of course in the perfect house. :) We plan and God laughs.

I was never interested in being "cool" or popular, drinking, drugs, smoking, or having lots of boyfriends. I had a couple boyfriends in High School, but nothing serious at first. I got my first job at McDonald's of all places; a few guys there caught my eye, and I dated a couple.... My Junior year of High School, I decided I was NOT going to prom alone, without a date. I was a HUGE chicken so I had my friend Jess ask out a friend of ours for me. We had went to the movies once, and "hung out" at work. This would be our first Official Date! lol
Something magical happened that May night. I fell in Love. I didn't know it until later, and even tried to talk myself out of it. I was not ready for a serious long-term boyfriend.....

No comments:

Post a Comment